CAREER15 is a unique resource that connects students and graduates of 15 respected Virginia liberal arts colleges with human resources staff looking for potential interns and employees. It was created by the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges (VFIC) to expand the career opportunities of students attending one of its 15 member colleges and to serve the workforce needs of its corporate partners. This recruiting network is focused on bringing together a small, special group of student job seekers and the hiring managers of top-tier companies, government agencies, and nonprofits.
CAREER15's main feature is our website at www.career15.com. This password-protected environment allows students and graduates to:
- File resumes
- Research top-tier companies
- View job postings
and allows employers to:
- Search and sort résumés by major, GPA, career interests and other pertinent characteristics
- Post company profile and/or current job openings
- Schedule interviews
Other website tools include relevant articles, company videos, career and job hunting tips and tricks, an event calendar, featured jobs, and social networking. Beyond the website connection, CAREER15 sponsors career connection days, live blogs, and job fairs that give students and partner corporations additional opportunities to interact with each other.
CAREER15 Key Statistics from 2010:
- Over 400 students registered on the website received interviews.
- Over 200 students that interviewed received job offers.
- Over 140 employers are registered with CAREER15 to recruit students of the 15 VFIC member colleges.
The 15 colleges of CAREER15 are:
- Bridgewater College
- Emory & Henry College
- Hampden-Sydney College
- Hollins University
- Lynchburg College
- Mary Baldwin College
- Marymount University
- Randolph College
- Randolph-Macon College
- Roanoke College
- Shenandoah University
- Sweet Briar College
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Wesleyan College
- Washington and Lee University
Thanks to our kind sponsors: